Incentives for Farmers in Panama Approved

The Agricultural Competitiveness Trust will include in its budget allocations for breeders of beef cattle and milk cattle for the purchase of stallions, improved pastures, and other things.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

"The deputy minister of MIDA, Gerardino Batista, announced yesterday that sectors producing beef cattle and milk cattle will be incorporated for the first time into the Agricultural Competitiveness Trust (Fideicomiso para la Competitividad Agropecuaria in Spanish), which provides incentives in areas such as the purchase of stallions, improved pastures and other things limited to the amount of $100,000", reported Panamaamerica.com.pa.

These new incentives will enable farmers to buy a stallion with a value of up to $10 000. MIDA will contribute 75% and the farmer will pay the remaining 25%.

More on this topic

Livestock Traceability is Indispensable

November 2011

Lack of livestock traceability is preventing access of meat to the European market, for which there is a quota of 9,000 tons.

The biggest challenge facing the region is to meet the health, environmental and competitiveness standards demanded by those markets, said Alexander Acosta, from the United Nations Organization for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).

Panama: Live Cattle Export Increases

May 2012

Panamanian farmers plan to export 15,000 veal calves per year to Mexico and are preparing to send thousands of heads to Costa Rica.

Panamanian farmers will send about 15,000 calves for fattening to Mexico a year, and aim to confirm the export of between 7,000 and 8,000 head of cattle to Costa Rica, where they have already sent 360 cattle.

More than 16,000 Cattle Farms in Costa Rica

February 2012

The herd consists of 648,929 females producing milk and meat, according to a report by the National Animal Health Service.

Costa Rica closed 2011 with a herd made up of 648,929 females producing milk and meat and a total of 16,125 farms, of which 6,692 are listed as specializing in dairy products and as 9,433 as dual purpose, reported Elfinancierocr.com.

Costa Rica Forced to Import Cattle

April 2013

The drastic decrease in the number of livestock has generated a significant increase in imports of cattle in order to satisfy the demand for beef.

Information from the Foreign Trade Promotion Office (Procomer), reveals that in 2012, Costa Rica imported 11 times more live cattle than in 2011.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Animal husbandry

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Interested to buy Frozen Meats for import to USA

Interested to buy frozen no fat pre-cut oxtail and frozen beef.
Import to USA. For further information, please fill the...

Stock Indexes

(Dec 19)
Dow Jones
0.15%
S&P 500
0.46%
Nasdaq
0.36%

Commodities

(Dec 16)
Brent Crude Oil
59.9
Coffee "C"
177.70
Gold
1,197
Silver
15.68