El Salvador: 33% Increase in Production at Unilever

The company will increase its production of detergents by 33% by 2014, with the introduction of new machinery and technology.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ernesto Pastore, plant manager, told the media that the project is expected to start in October 2011.

Currently the detergent plant produces a total of 75,000 tonnes annually, of which 94% is distributed in Central America and El Salvador and the remaining 6% is exported to the Dominican Republic.

"The executive said they will not be putting in additional equipment, but instead are planning to upgrade some of the machinery now that higher capacity equipment exists."

This substitution will of course, entail a significant investment for the next three years and generate some jobs, especially in packaging lines, but he declined to give details because the numbers are still being fined tuned.

"At this moment we do not have final investment defined, we are working on those numbers now, we have already developed the technical side, we need to finalize the numbers before submitting them for investment approval", he added in an article in Elsalvador.com.

Market Intelligence

Everything about cleaning products exports in El Salvador.

Top exporters - Quantities, amounts and prices.

more info

More on this topic

Sabo Internacional obtain ISO 9001-2008 Certification

July 2012

SABO, 15 years in the market, obtain a Quality Certifcation.

Sabo Manufactures and Distribuite Products for Cleaning and Maintenance for Computers, Electronics, Automotive and Institutional, with Offices in six countries of Central America, USA, Mexico and Domican Republic, obtain ISO 9001-2008 certification. SABO have 15 years in the Market.

Panama: Products Containing Nonylphenol Banned

November 2014

The Ministry of Health has banned the use and sale of detergents, disinfectants, soaps and other cleaning products, in the food industry, which contain nonylphenol.

From a decision by the Ministry of Health of Panama, published in the official newspaper, La Gaceta:

'... FIRST: Prohibit the use and sale of detergents, disinfectants, soaps and other cleaning products in the food industry which contain nonylphenol. "

$5 million Tender for Cleaning Materials

November 2012

The Directorate General of Public Procurement in Panama is putting out to tender the supply of cleaning materials for state institutions.

Requirements regarding packaging and labeling:


All product containers in units of quart, 1 gallon, 1 liter and 5 gallons must have lids with safety devices to prevent the contents from spilling. For 55 gallon tanks there must be optimum security measures for such units.

Fair for Manufacturing Companies in Guatemala

March 2014

The trade show MANUFEXPORT to be held on October 1st - 2nd will bring together companies in the region and international buyers.

From a statement by the Guatemalan Exporters Association:

"AGEXPORT and the Chamber of Industry have jointly organized MANUFEXPORT 2014, Special Edition where 100 buyers from the U.S., Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean and Colombia will discover the range of food and beverages (perishable and non-perishable) plastics, personal care and cosmetics, cleaning products, paper converters and processors, and for the first time the categories of home furnishings, clothing, accessories and footwear for sale at stands."

 close (x)

Receive more news about Business and Investment

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

Feed supplement for dairy cows

Synerlac - Calcium Salt (ruminant by-pass fats) feed supplement for dairy cows that increases milk yield and improves fertility and body condition.
Synerlac is a rumen protected fat combining natural...

Stock Indexes

(Nov 24)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Nov 25)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"